We gather the church to worship the Lord and hear from His word. It is a rallying point for the people of Ridgedale which encourages and inspires so that we can go out and express our faith during the week.
- Worship defined: worship is seeing God for who He really is and then giving a proper response.
- Worship is not confined to music: worship is responding to the Lord. Sometimes we respond by singing, other times through obedience and making an offering. There are many ways to worship.
- Worship is personal: our time alone with the Lord is an act of worship. (Psalm 46:10)
- Worship is corporate: our time together with the Lord each weekend is worship. (Psalm 100)
- Worship is a lifestyle: the way we live, work, spend and serve is worship. (Romans 12:1-2)
What style of worship does Ridgedale embrace?
Music style has been an issue many churches have faced over the last few years. At Ridgedale, we don't focus on any one particular style of worship music in our corporate worship gatherings. We appreciate and utilize traditional styles as well as the most current trends in music. We have a broad body of believers that are diverse in age and tastes.
Balanced Thinking on Worship Issues:
- Preference: Appreciation - we appreciate all styles of music without demanding our preference all of the time.
- Freedom: Responsibility - We express ourselves to God freely without distracting those around us.
- Passionate: Authentic - we passionately worship God, without the motivation of impressing others.
- Excellence: Genuine - we pursue excellence in our services while maintaining a genuine pursuit of glorifying Christ.